Songwriter Split Sheet
If you ever collaborate with another person when writing / composing a song, it is important that all of those involved have a clear understanding of what percentage of the royalties is due to each collaborator. The best way to do this is by completing a split sheet right away. It is the best and most professional way to protect everyone's interest. Below is an easy to fill form that you can use to generate a split sheet at no cost. Fill it out as much as possible.
- This form is made for songs with 5 collaborators or less
- You may save the form and come back to finish it later, your form will be saved for 30 days. Just scroll to the bottom and click the "Save and Resume Later" link
- Remember that there are two separate splits: Publishing and Composition (Lyrics and Music) Each one must equal 100% among all collaborators
- Although the form does not require signatures, it is encouraged that all collaborators sign.
- Every songwriter / composer will receive a copy for their records via email