Metadata, audio, and cover art should not contain advertising. For example, metadata and artwork should not contain references to competitors of any Outlet, nor to any URLs, logos, or dates for future product releases. Do not include search terms and keywords in metadata or cover art.
The artwork should contain either track (album) name or artist name or both
The artwork must not be misleading (for example, prominently depicting or referencing an artist even though the artist does not perform on the album).
The artwork must not contain pornography or a URL for a website that contains or links to pornography.
The artwork should not include additional info such as logos, social media, label name or production info (only Artist or Track name and label name).
The standard, original version of an album, track must not include any additional information in the title unless it is needed to identify the content. For example, titles must not include:
- Limited Edition
- Alert Tone
- Text Tone
- Ringtone Version
- Digital Only
- Digital Single
- 2 CD Set
- With Lyrics
- Clips from
- Official Music Video
- Full Song Video
- Full Version
Release date, Track number, Artist information are also considered as additional information in titles and should not be included.
Titles must not include: Clean Version, Explicit Version, Apple Digital Masters
Terms like “(Clean),” “(Clean Version),” “(Edited),” or “(Edited Version)”, “Album” must not be used for album, or track titles.
Do not use generic titles, such as Track 1, Track 2, or Instrumental, unless they are the actual titles of the tracks. Should not include the track number in track title
The artist name must not include any additional information, such as role, date, instrument, former band, website, and so on. e.g. The Fun One (Produced by Mark Jones)
Generic artists, such as Yoga, Workout, Meditation, Baby, Christmas, Top Hits, Chorus, Orchestra, or Singer, as well as genre names like Rock, Hip Hop, or Smooth Jazz are not accepted as artist name.
The appropriate audio language must be set in Track Details. Language should match the language spoken or sung in the audio.
Genre and Production Quality
Play first and last 15 seconds of audio to check quality and that genres selected are applicable. Song shouldn’t end abruptly
The following types of releases are not supported:
- Sample Clips- Short clips of full-length songs distributed as samples, or other purposes.
- Non-Comedy Spoken Word – Content distributed as an “album” through standard music DDEX feeds, containing commentary, story reading/telling, ASMR, interviews. This could also be incorrectly delivered podcast content.
- White Noise – Continuous clips of noise generators in various colors. Includes pink noise, air conditioner sounds, etc.
- Stock Music – Stock content created by producers, created with intent to be low-cost music beds for audio/visual media.
- Motivational Spoken Word – Content created and distributed specifically for motivational purposes. Often mixed over music.
- Stems – Individual musical components that comprise a song.
- Producer Tools – DJ tools, sample libraries and other content used for music creation.
- Personalized Lyrics – Produced en masse with only a minor variation to personalize the content to a person’s name.
- Soundalikes – Covers intended to sound like clones of the original with no artistic interpretation added.
- Search-bait – artist or track names closely resemble popular artists or songs, viral sensations or streaming holdouts, or utilize key words for genres, moods, and/or activities.
- Hate Music/Hate Speech
- “Pornographic” Tracks
- Karaoke- Low quality instrumental copies of popular songs not distributed by original artist or rights owner, does not include instrumental versions of original recordings distributed by the original artist.
Click here for lyric guidelines